Saturday, November 26, 2011

thanksgiving

We had a wonderful but fairly uneventful Thanksgiving.  Uneventful in a very good way of course.  I only say that because I don't find myself having a lot of things to say about our Thanksgiving this year, but I just had to have a reason to post this picture...


If ever there was a cute turkey, here she is :)   Do other people ever get over how cute their kids are??  Because sure do not.  

We had two Thanksgivings to attend on the actual day of Thanksgiving this year.  I was quite proud that I paced my eating well and I was actually hungry for our second meal of the day. First, we went to my cousin's house, and then Adam's parent's house, both of which happen to be within 5 miles of our house.  I am not sure how we got so lucky! 

I wanted to get a family picture taken, but it didn't happen, maybe if you can imagine that these two pictures mashed together....



Adam did learn to carve a turkey this year.  He claims that it is easy.

We let Amaia try a few foods.  She seemed to like pumpkin bread and rolls, but she was a bit skeptical of mashed potatoes.


And now....as of last night it is officially Christmas season at our house!!!  Woot!  Woot!  I am excited. I have to admit that I am ready for it to snow a little bit.  Due to Amaia's jumperoo taking up limited room in our living room I was considering not putting up a Christmas tree this year.   Adam's mom ended up lending us a slim tree that she had and I have to admit I am really, really happy that we put it up.  I don't think it would feel quite right without it.  There is something wonderful about relaxing in the evening with the tree lit up and candles burning.
Amaia doesn't seem to notice the tree unless I bring her right up next to it.  She reaches her hand out to touch the tree, but then retracts and soon as her fingers touch the needles, then repeats the whole process.  So dainty and cute.

2 comments:

Callie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Callie said...

Sorry, deleted comment was me.
I wanted to say that the turkey hat is so funny, and she looks so cute wearing it! I don't think we ever will get over how cute our kids are. :-)