Sunday, December 11, 2011

Friends


Please meet my dear and awesome friend Julie.

Julie has been one of my dearest, if not the dearest friend in my life over the last five or so years.  My heart is often overwhelmed with thankfulness for her.  Our lives have been very much on the same path over the past few years.  Julie and her hubby, Ryan got engaged a couple weeks before Adam and I.  Adam and I actually got to decorate the bridge where Ryan proposed and watch the whole thing from a distance, which was super fun.  The above picture of the four of us is from that night. Ryan and Julie got married a month before Adam and I. They also had their little boy, Oscar just a couple months before Amaia came into our lives.  Clearly, God is trying to get us to be friends :)  In fact, Julie told me that she was pregnant on the exact day that I took a positive pregnancy test and she was the first person (other than Adam of course!) that I told I was pregnant.  Thus, Julie has gotten to listen to my many thousands of questions about all of these major life changes.  It is an amazing blessing to have such a caring and authentic friend.  Also, she makes amazing cheesecakes and other treats.  But the reason I say all of this....

Today we got to celebrate Oscar's first birthday!!  
The birthday boy, in his birthday hat...

Julie and I are (not so secretly) trying really, really hard to make Oscar and Amaia bff's!!  They currently interact mostly by stealing one another's toys, but we are working on it :)


And I would totally be okay with it, if they wanted to get married someday....


but I know I need to stop talking about that or it is bound to get awkward for them.


But we just love this family!


Side note: Adam is now officially a huge Tim Tebow fan!!!  We watched the end of the game at Oscar's party and Tebow pulled out the win at the very end AGAIN!  Ryan and Adam were maybe a wee bit excited about this.


Amaia was very tuckered out by the time we got home.  Clearly, she had a great time!


1 comment:

Meg said...

Isn't the Lord so kind to give us friends in such similar circumstances to go through life with. I just love that!