Monday, November 21, 2011

Little Sis Gets Married

My baby sister got married this weekend.  I failed to take even a single picture.  Of course there were many great things I could have taken pictures of...the really cool, modern hotel that we also got to stay in, the fun decor (leaves, lanterns, apples and candles) and of course the BRIDE! My mom came to the rescue with a few pictures and I guess that is why you hire a photographer for these occasions.  I might just have to do another post once we have pictures from the photographer.

The day went really well.  We were really thankful for good weather.  Cloudy but in the 40's which is really, really good for the end of November if you ask me.  I still wore a very warm sweatshirt the majority of the day.  I really enjoyed getting to know some of Jessica's friends and just having some girl time while we got ready together during the day.  I even got to have my hair done.  Woot! Woot! If someone wanted to do my hair for me every day I would be quite okay with that.
Me and beautiful bride.


Also, this is kind of off topic, however if you know me well, you know that I am semi-obsessed with scones.  I just love them.  This all started with a scone that I had from a place called Lazy Janes in Madison, WI.  The best scone I have had ever.  Well, Lazy Janes has some serious competition in Iowa City.  If you are in Iowa City you need to go to the Bread Garden and get a scone.  You just must.  Adam seconds my opinion and he is kiiiiiiind of particular about food, so you know this is legit advice.

Okay, back to the wedding!!

Here is a fun picture of the bride and groom and their first sight of one another.


And now for the second most beautiful girl of the evening....lil' miss Amaia Ruth!!  She was just a vision in her pretty dress.  I think this is quite possible the fanciest dress she has ever worn in her young life.  Ashley (Adam's sister) came to take care of Amaia during the wedding.  I could not have asked for a better person to take care of my little girl.  It was such a blessing to not have to worry about her AT ALL.


True to myself I was stressed about the weekend.  Mostly about giving a speech and about how Amaia would do.  Honestly, you would think that I would learn to not stress, because things always go better than I expect.  Amaia did have a little trouble getting to sleep in a new place, but all in all she did very well.  I think my speech went well too.  I made Jessica laugh, so that has to be a good sign :)  It was a wonderful weekend and I was really happy for my little sister!  Congratulations Jessica and Steve! 

No comments: