Friday, November 11, 2011

Sewing 101

Until recently, the extent of my sewing skills was the locker caddy I was required to make in middle school.  However, I have really been wanting to learn.  There are about a million cute things that I would love to make for Amaia and other sweet kiddos in my life and I think it is just a good life skill to have.  So Adam's mom also known as Grammie gave me a lesson this week.  I was SO excited!  My first project was baby leggings out of old knee-high socks.  Of course, the inspiration came from my current favorite website, Pinterest.  This was my inspiration:



And here is how they turned out.  I had a very cute, yet very squirmy model :)
 Don't worry - I won't really have Amaia wear these with just a shirt and diaper.  Not out of the house anyways :)
 And yes she is playing with my bottle of pre-natal vitamins - a strict-supervision, but favorite activity of hers.
 Super sweet baby feet

I actually made four pairs and I think they turned out super cute!!  And they look way cuter on her any day.

Grammie also helped me make a pillow cover.  She made a pattern and helped me every step of the way, but it was much easier than I expected.  Plus, there is something about working with my hands that is just enjoyable to me....maybe that is weird.  But I digress...we made a sweet pillow for Amaia.

These pictures are funny to me, because they also show several things that Amaia is very into as of late: sticking her tongue out, clapping, and rolling around on the ground.  Amaia discovered that she can clap last week and now does it on command if you sing "Patty cake, Patty cake...".  We think it is pretty much the cutest thing ever.


We also had music 101 today.  Kidding.  Sort of.  I don't know if every baby is like this, but Amaia loves all things music, so I let her play the guitar with today.  She requires supervision due to the fact that she plays the guitar more like a drum than a guitar.

And here are a few outtakes that prove that babies take after their parents.

Exhibit A: Mommy opening her mouth wide trying to get Amaia to smile and Amaia just opening her mouth.
 Exhibit B: Mommy having weird crossed eyes and Amaia doing the same.

Yes, I just put two very weird pictures of myself on the internet.  Oh well :)

3 comments:

Katie said...

Nice work tackling the sewing machine. Hopefully you will grow to love it!

April Scherb said...

I love your "weird" pictures, their cute! The leggings are so adorable! Also I must say that learning to sew has been on my mind lately also. Maybe someday I'll join you and get a little lesson but for now its just me and my glue gun ;)

ashley said...

Okay, I loooove this post. The leggings turned out fabulous. And the picture of her feet is incredible! Looks like you took it with a really nice camera. ;) And as far as the weird pictures go... YES!