Friday, August 19, 2011

Date Night Revisited


Date night looks a bit different in this season of our lives.

Last night was our "date night".  We hung out at home, ran an errand at the mall and came home when Amaia just couldn't take it any longer.  Not the most romantic you say??  Well, I would agree with that, but get ready for reason # 23,257 that I love my husband.  

On the way home, I mentioned how divine it sounded to me to go to a coffee shop, drink warm drinks and pretend it was fall on this rainy night.  My love for fall never ends :)  Then Adam had an idea, "let's make our own coffee shop at home.  You put Amaia to bed and I will go get our drinks."  He doesn't get down, he gets creative!

So we sipped caramel apple spice, sat in our candle-lit kitchen, listened to the rain and did my favorite thing.  We talked.  

Best coffee shop I have ever been to. Hands down.

2 comments:

A Wedding Story said...

Those are the best dates ever...hands down.

Meg said...

Kristi, That sounds so delightful! Life does look different with kids. Obviously, I wouldn't trade it for anything it just makes those moments alone with your husband all the more special. Thanks for sharing that story. I love reading your blog