Thursday, August 11, 2011

28

My super sweet hubby turns 28 today!   Yes, I robbed the cradle :)

28 things that make him the man that I love...

1.  He is a super hard worker! He works two jobs right now to support our family - I didn't have to ask him to do this, he just does it.
2.  He has a passion for chocolates....chocolaterie stam....need I say more??
3.  He has three expectations of me: love God, love him, love Amaia.  That's it.  I stay at home and he always acts he should do his own laundry.  What a guy!
4.  He is just plain fun! He makes me laugh.  He jokes around.  He lightens my mood all the time.  And let's be honest, I need that :)
5.  He surprises me with scones when I am down.
6.  He is thoughtful.  While I was in the shower earlier this week, he put my bathrobe in the dryer so it would be warm when I got out.  Seriously sweet.
7.  He is smart, but not a smarty-pants.
8.  He is so kind and compassionate.  One of the first things that attracted me to him was that he genuinely cares about people.
9.  He kills bugs so I don't have to.
10. He loves Amaia.  He sings and plays the guitar for her. He misses her when he doesn't see her.  He is such a great daddy already.
11. He inspires me to know and understand the Bible more.
12. He genuinely wants what is best for me.
13. He is a great guitar player.  What girl doesn't love a musician :)
14.  He makes me and Amaia a priority - even with a lot of other responsibilities going on.
15. He insists on holding Amaia during church so I can focus and really listen to the message.
16.  He is a great cook and grillmaster!  Probably better than me, but I'm working on that!
17,  He is my bff.  He calls me several times a day just to check in and talk.  He calls when he knows that I need to talk to someone.  This doesn't come naturally to him.  He just does it because he is a really great friend.
18.  He goes to broadway shows with me - pretty positive that this doesn't come naturally either :)
19.  He loves lemurs and cats and all kinds of other animals.  The little boy in him I think.
20.  He is a great roadtrip partner!  he is a great driver.  I always, always feel safe in the car with him driving.
21. He loves going out to eat.  I love to not cook for every meal :)
22. He tears up at movies sometimes.  Maybe I shouldn't be telling people that.  Ha. But I love that about him.  It shows that he has such compassion for people.
23. He has sacrificed many of the things he enjoys during this season of our life and he doesn't complain about it.
24. He plays with my hair, rubs my feet.  Need I say more? :)
25. He is a great tipper.
26. He's got style.  He knows how to dress well.
27. He is a clean!  I always think how I really lucked out in this category.  I rarely have to pick up or clean up after this guy.
28.  Last, but certainly not least he is committed to me.  I don't fear him leaving me ever.  Not at all. Not one bit.


1 comment:

Allie said...

I loved this post! You've got a great guy! I can also think of 28 reasons why I love Adam Horning!