Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July

Happy belated 4th of July to you and yours!

We started off the day by sleeping in, watching a movie and the Coney Island hot dog eating contest.   After that it was off the pool we went.  It was a perfect pool day and I have been wanting to see what Amaia thought of the water.  She was not overly enthusiastic, but she didn't hate it!  Yea!  We only put her toes in this time around.  She doesn't have a smiwsuit (yet!) and I didn't want her to be out in the sun for more than a few minutes anyways.  We have to protect that beautiful skin of hers.

We grilled out when we got home - surf and turf style! Adam is on a constant mission to prove to me that I actually do like the foods I think I don't like.  Shrimp sort of freaks me out, because it still looks like live version.  But I will admit that it was rather good.

In the evening our church put on a talent show and Adam broke out his saxophone to play with the  concert band.  There were some really funny acts and Amaia sat on my lap contently for almost the entire show.  I attribute that to the good music.   It was so good to remember how lucky we are to live in the USA.  I don't think about that often enough and there are so many people that have sacrificed so much for the blessings that we enjoy in this country.  Including my sissy and her soon to be hubby.

We capped off the evening with vivannos on the deck.  Yummy, yum, yum.

Today my house is a mess and I could use a nap, but I don't care.  Holidays are the best and holidays with my two loves are even better.

No comments: