Monday, July 18, 2011

Steve Comes Home!!

So my baby sister is far from a baby anymore.  In fact, she has been an incredibly strong woman this past year while her fiance has been serving our blessed country in Afghanistan.  Amaia and I went on a little road trip today with my parents to accompany her to Steve's welcome home ceremony.  If there are two things that make me teary eyed lately they are babies and soldiers coming home to their famailies.  I guess they both just hit close to home.  I don't think often enough about the incredible sacrifice that so many people endure.  We are so glad that Steve is home and safe.  Needless to say it was a wonderful, wonderful day.

The girls in our family waiting and waiting and waiting....Doesn't Jessica look good?!
I just loved this sign and sneaked a picture.  How sweet!
A few minutes before the ceremony I asked Jessica to show me how she was feeling
Steve's neice Allison and Amaia starting their friendship
Reunited at last

This is total and complete sidenote, but I sat next to Amaia on the way home and I just kept looking at her amazing eyelashes.  Gorgeous!

1 comment:

April Scherb said...

Hi Kristy
We don't really know each other well but I must say I love your blog! the photo of the sign made me tear up and this photo of your baby girl is absolutely stunning!