Friday, June 17, 2011

Updates

A few people have asked me how my foil experiment went, so I thought I would give a little update.  My theory was proved false!  It doesn't seem to have made any difference in how late Amaia is sleeping.  She still is waking up in the 5 o'clock hour.  However, I was thinking and reading and researching about this more and I don't think it is actually a problem.  My expectations of her might be more of the problem.  My sweet gal is only approaching 4 months of age, which really is not very old and she is sleeping 7-9 hours at night.   We have been following the methods of the Babywise book (which has worked wonderfully!) and according to the book I shouldn't really be letting her sleep longer than 9 hours right now for the sake of my milk supply anyways.  I am still hoping that as she gets older and as we start to introduce solid foods in the coming months that she will be able to sleep longer.  When she wakes in the morning I can tell that she is hungry so I will keep be a morning person for my little Amaia papaya.

In other news...I joined twitter.  I don't really know what to tweet or how to tweet to be honest.  So...if anyone wants to give me a lesson???? :)

I joined twitter because I had to to a start an account pinterest.  I joined pinterest in order to start gathering ideas for Amaia's first birthday party or shall I say Amaia's First Birthday Brunch and Bash.  Too early?!  Obviously I am a planner by nature.  But I am excited about the ideas I have so far!

Tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of the day I found out that Amaia was a little growing girl inside of me (and my friend Sarah and Jed's first wedding anniversary!!) and I was so scared!!!  My how much changes in a year.  It was a little silly to be so scared, she brings me more joy than pretty much anything else in this world.

We are going to the doctor on Monday for her 4-month check up.  So excited to see how much she weighs and all her stats and to ask my many questions!!  So NOT excited for more shots.  Ugh.

Maybe someday I will write a post that is not almost entirely about Amaia....but maybe not :)

1 comment:

Callie said...

I haven't really figured out the whole Twitter thing either . . . what's your username though, so we can follow you?