Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Great Start to a Great Weekend

This morning was perfect weather for our first outing to the downtown farmer's market.  Crisp and cool and wonderful.  We had some great company too.

 Meet Grandma Jeanette and Aunt Jessica

We met my mom and sis down there for some yummy breakfast sandwiches, bad coffee and lots of perusing.  I did purchase some mango peach jam - yum!  A couple summers ago we received a gift of homemade jam for helping out at the farmer's market and I became a jam snob.  I just don't think I can go back to the store bought kind. But I digress... Amaia was her usual self for our outing: happy, then crabby and tired, then sleeping.  Technically Amaia and I have been to the farmer's market together many times while she was in utero, but I hope to go many more times.  I love it down there!  And there were some mighty cute things I might buy for her when she gets older: hawkeye everything, tyke sized aprons, strawberry smoothies.  
Amaia is a wonderful, happy girl.  She is becoming more lively all of the time and I am really enjoying being a witness to it.  I can tell that she is becoming more interested in her toys, she is trying to sit up and she has taken quite the liking to music.  She loves when I sing to her and Adam played her songs on the guitar the other night when she was starting to get fussy and that seemed to solve her problem right away.  As Adam says "Amaia brings joy to all that are around".  Ha.  That is cheesy, but she sure brings me joy every day.  Especially when she gives me her little gummy grin.   That pretty much makes any day way better.

1 comment:

Callie said...

Wyatt is starting to be more interested in his toys now too - I love watching him play!
So I want to know how the aluminum foil on the window went?