Tuesday, June 21, 2011

4 Months: A Letter

My sweet Amaia Papaya,
You are 4 months old!   I have heard and read from many sources that this is a great age and I totally agree.  You are so sweet and smiley.  I have been trying my hardest to get a laugh out of you.  I tickle you and sing you silly songs and we play peek-a-boo, but it hasn't happened quite yet.  I can tell that you are close though because you are so talkative.  

You become more lively every day it seems.  You think it is pretty fun to lift both of your legs up and then bring them down fast to make a big splash in the bath or shake up the toys in your play gym.  You get so excited!  You are loving your bathtime more and more too.  I wonder if you are going to a little fish girl that loves the water as you get older.  Although last night you seemed to think it was pretty fun to turn your face so that it is under water.  Not a fun idea sweetie.  You also love to hold onto your foot or stick your foot through the rings on your playgym.  You have rolled over both ways and you scoot all over the place in your crib at night.  I don't even know how you get some of places I find you in.

Another new development this month is that we moved to a 3 hour schedule.  Yea! I was excited about this, but I'm not sure that you even noticed.  Here what a typical day looks like for us:

5:30 - 6:30am Wake up and nurse.  We usually say hi to daddy quick and then you go right back to sleep
9:00 Nurse
10:45 Nap
Noon Nurse
1:45 Nap
3:00 Nurse
5:00 Nap
6:00 Nurse
8:00 - 9:00 Eat and bedtime.  

Of course we do various different things during the day in there.  We love our target walks with Julie and Oscar, walks with Daddy and bathtime in the evening.  

You have also developed a bit of a seperation anxiety this month.  You aren't quite sure about people other than mommy and daddy especially when you are tired.  You are kind of breaking the hearts of your grandparents so I hope that we can make it through this phase soon! 

We went to the doctor yesterday and got updated stats on your growth.  You now weigh 13 lbs. 4 oz (50th percentile) and you are 25.25 inches long (90th percentile).  I predict that you are going to be tall!  You were a happy smiley girl for the doctors visit and the doctor says you are doing great!  Of course then we had to get more shots and you cried longer and harder than last time.  I HATE putting you through that.  Ugh.  We also got the go ahead and start trying some rice cereal and orange veggies.  I am excited to see what you think of big people food!  I haven't noticed that you are too interested in food yet though, so I think we are going to wait another few weeks.

I love you so much sweet girl.  You are a joy.
Love,
Mommy



No comments: