Monday, June 20, 2011

First Father's Day!

So everyone else that says they have the best husband/father is deceived, because I have him!  Okay - just kidding.  I know a lot of other pretty amazing fathers,  BUT Adam is for sure the best possible hubby and daddy for our little family.  He loves us so much and so well.  I wanted to make his first father's day special SO badly.  I really tried to come up with something he would love.  I don't think I came up with anything super great, but we still had a wonderful day.

Amaia got a new outfit for the occasion and we gave Adam a card and a framed picture of her for his desk at work.  Here are a few highlights of our daddy/daughter photo shoot in her cute new shirt.  Don't they look good together?!  Looking at these pictures now, I do think Amaia is looking a bit like her dad.


The only slightly rough part of the day was breakfast.  We headed out to the Machine Shed and we were clearly not the only ones that had the idea.  There were people waiting in the parking lot, in the lobby, in the gift shop - everywhere!  Scratch that idea.  We tried another local breakfast spot, which was another bad idea.  We ended up at the Hy-Vee breakfast buffet, which I had heard was pretty good.  I love Hy-Vee as a grocery store, but not as a breakfast spot.  I felt so guilty, but I fully plan on making it up by taking Adam to a good breakfast sometime soon.

Then we headed to the mall to walk around and work off some of the calories ( I swear this was Adam's idea!). Then we came home to feed miss Amaia and head off for the next Father's day excursion.  I considered this to be the main part of his "present".  You see my mom had some chocolates from Chocolaterie Stam on Christmas and Adam fell in love.  I made him wear a blindfold, but he still guessed where we were going.  We ate amazing gelato and chocolates.  We just love this place.


Next up was a more eating for Amaia, some relaxing and a duece to seven lowball heads up poker tourney of course!  According to Adam I don't understand basic strategy.  That might be true, but my strategy was to be unpredictable.  Admittedly this strategy didn't work out for me.  Apparently, laughing gives away a bluff :)  The winner and his winnings:


The rest of the day we relaxed a bit and met my parents and sis for dinner.  Amaia was a trooper.  All weekend we were on the go, which meant not very good naps for our little one.  She was in great spirits until the end of dinner on Sunday night.  I knew she was tired so we left dinner for a moment to take a drive in the hopes she would fall asleep.  We drove less than a block before she was out for the count and slept through the rest of dinner.  It was a lovely first Father's Day.  I hope Adam thought so too!


No comments: