Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Change of Focus

I am quite certain that it is extremely normal, especially as a first time mom, to have a little anxiety over the labor/birthing process.  It seems like almost everyone says it the hardest thing they have done, albeit the the most rewarding.  I was reminded though - that although this will be a big day for me, it is probably an even bigger day for this baby girl.  I have found over the past couple of days that more of my thoughts and prayers have been focused on her and my desire for her to be safe and unhurt during the process and it has actually really helped me be far less fearful.  It is just always better to not have so much focus on ourselves :)  
I don't know if this will totally make sense to anyone but me, but thinking about all of that reminded me of a video that a friend showed me a while ago.  Gianna Jensen was born alive during her own attempted abortion.  Her story and her honesty are really powerful.  Watch when you have time - it is broken up into two parts.  

Part 1
Part 2

1 comment:

Halley and Colleen said...

Thanks for posting that video Kristy! I have never seen it and really enjoyed listening to it!