Saturday, January 15, 2011

36 Week Update

Take a look at my growing belly!

View # 1
 View #2


How Far Along: 36 Weeks

Maternity Clothes: Maternity is now the only thing that fits me.  I do wear some big t-shirts at the gym, but my belly likes to peek out occasionally.  I think I should probably be embarrassed by that, but I'm really not.

Gender: Sweet baby girl

Movement: I have been feeling her a lot, all day, everyday.  It is a really fun part of pregnancy.  I also think the lining of my uterus or skin or something of that nature is thinning out, bc I can feel a little hand or foot sometimes.

Sleep: Sleep is starting to not go so well for me.  I can't even remember how many times I got up to go to the bathroom last night and it getting more difficult to get comfy or turn over while I am laying down.  I am thankful that I get to go right back to bed right now though, soon that will not be the case.

What I miss:  I honestly can't think of anything that I miss right now.  I am excited to be able to work out harder and get my body back into shape in a few months! 

Cravings: Baked potatoes sound really good to me lately!  And I still am all about oranges. 

Symptoms: I have cankles :(  I am battling against swelling, but I have been able to manage it fairly well by working out and resting my feet.  And eating or walking up one flight of stairs makes me out of breath.  I promise I am not really that out of shape!

Best Moment this week: :Labor class.  I am really enjoying learning and having Adam learn everything about labor and delivery.  Our bodies are so complex and amazing.  It is very comforting to me that my body has been designed to give birth and knows what to do all on its own.

4 comments:

ashley said...

Is your labor class through the hospital you'll be giving birth in? I forget... Mercy? I'm glad you guys are liking it! I imagine all the information and helpful techniques gets you feeling more prepared for the whole thing.

You are seriously the most beautiful pregnant woman ever! ;)

Kristy said...

Hey! You are too sweet. Yes, our class is through Mercy. It has been really helpful. The more Adam learns I think he thankful to not be a girl :)

Momma Megan said...

Kristy, you look so beautiful! Only a few more weeks & you will be holding your precious baby girl - ah! so exciting!

Gehenna said...

You are so beautiful! I found your blog by Adams facebook, and i just had to check it out!
And congratulations to your beautiful daughter !:)