Thursday, January 6, 2011

35 weeks and trying not to count

So…5 weeks from tomorrow is our due date and I am kind of freaking out over here!!!  That is normal right??  I'm just going to go ahead and attribute all of the emotions to the extra estrogen my body is producing to prepare for the labor :)  I am finding myself a lot more scared of a whole list of what is to come lately, but I'm trying to remind myself what an amazing, God designed process growing a little life really is. Did you know that in late pregnancy antibodies from my blood pass through the placenta to the baby to protect her from illness once she is out in the world? And that continues through breastfeeding.  I just think all the little details like that are really amazing.
 
I am finding myself more and more tired/uncomfortable as the days go by yet also feeling like there is a lot still to be done, so we have ourselves a little conundrum there.  Really though…the things still to be done are my preferences of being decorated, prepared, clean and organized.  All of the essential tasks are done. I have been wanting to post pictures of our nursery, but I am ashamed to say it is not put together enough for me to feel proud of yet.  Plus, I still need to go on a fairly serious Target run for the things we still need.
 
Adam and I are starting our labor classes tonight.  I am so excited to learn more about labor/delivery and hopefully feel better prepared. (Can you tell that I like to feel prepared yet?? :))  I am excited to get to meet some other couples going through the same thing too and maybe make some new friends! I am excited for Adam to learn more about all of this too.  I was trying to imagine what I think he will be like during labor and I decided that my prediction is that he will be stellar, even-keeled supporter and helper for me during labor until she is born, then I think he will cry.  I can't wait for that moment…meeting her, not Adam crying :)

No comments: