Friday, December 31, 2010

Back Home!

Busy, busy and wonderful has the last week been! I did fail to take a single picture over the last week however.  I really need to get better about that.   Especially with this baby girl on the way.
Last weekend was filled with many Christmas celebrations and it even snowed most of the day on Christmas Eve.  Both of our sisters live out of town, but came back for Christmas, so it was really fun to see them.  I always feel a bit spoiled after Christmas, but we just have really wonderful families that are so kind to us.  My mom did save me by taking a few pictures while we were at her house on Saturday.

33 week belly shot with my sis...

This was one of my favorite presents.  If you can't tell (which is highly likely based on this picture) it is a little snow-leopard print one-piece outfit for our little girl.  It it warm and cuddly and has a hood with little ears.  Her coming home outfit I hope!


Bright and early on Tuesday morning we headed out to Faithwalkers, a conference that our association of churches has every year.  Knowing that I would be over 7 months pregnant this year, I wasn't sure about going.  I thought I would be really uncomfortable and unable to really pay attention to many of the speakers, but I am so glad that we went.  I can't really imagine better preparation for parenthood and other than being a little more tired and needing to take more walking breaks I felt pretty darn good throughout the week.  It was so refreshing to remember that what is really important is our relationship with God that created us and knows us and desires for us to seek to know and follow him.  So simple, but so hard to live out on a consistent basis I know.  I don't know if this is a really a new year's resolution, but I really want to focus on connecting with God in a real way through prayer and reading His word and making prayers much more fervent.  I know that everything else that I want to see in my life will flow out of that. 
Happy 2011 in a few hours!!

1 comment:

Momma Megan said...

You look wonderful Kristy! What an exciting 2011 for you as you become a family of 3 :)