Sunday, October 10, 2010

Registering Day

Today was registering day!!  Going into the day, I had my list and felt very well equipped...coming out of the day, not so much. I have spent what at least feels like countless hours researching...reading....asking and listening to advice about all the "stuff" involved in taking care of a baby and Babies R' Us still totally overwhelmed me. 
But it was great to get the majority of this task behind us and I did learn a few things along the way:
1. Even if you claim to not love the color pink, you may be easily swayed when you see all super cute pink stuff for little girls.
2. There are approximately 5 million differing opinions about what you "need" when your little one comes.
3. Adam is a little kid at heart and gets VERY distracted in toy aisles.  (and I think he is going to me a really great dad because of this fact :))
4. Stuff is necessary sometimes, but I need to remind myself of how incredibly excited I am to meet this little girl and that if I don't have the absolute best baby wipes or cutest wall decor it will probably bother me more than her.

No comments: