Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Babymooning

Adam and I have just returned from an almost week long babymoon...or maybe it was an anniversary trip...I'm not sure :)  Either way it was rather glorious to get away, rest, and vacation together before things get a wee bit crazy in this household.  We were really blessed to have the opportunity to do so.

Amaia spent a few days with each of her grandparents.  I knew that she would be well loved and possibly a little spoiled while we were gone and I was right :)  It felt so strange to leave her for an entire week.  The longest I have ever been away from her before was a couple nights, but by all accounts she did great.

I'm also happy to report that another result of our trip was an official backup name for our little man! The name is actually one that I have loved for a while now and have been faithfully trying to convince Adam to love as well.  Unless we come up with something with we both love even more, he has agreed to the name!!  Yea!  One less thing for me to stress about getting done over the next couple months.

We didn't necessarily "do" a ton of things on our trip.  We ate, shopped, saw beautiful views, watched football and did some sightseeing.  One highlight was the Promised Land drive-thru zoo.  We almost didn't go, because I think we were both skeptical of what a drive-thru zoo was.  However, this was the first thing that happened when we entered the zoo....



And we were sold!  If you know my husband at all, you know of his love for lemurs, thus this was amazing!  They were just in a cage in the gift shop.  He got to feed the lemurs, hold hands with the lemurs and learn all about what it would be like to have a lemur for a pet.  After that we drove on a gravel road and all kinds of animals literally came right up to our car.  We have a couple of scratches on the car to prove it.  I have never seen animals so close.  Some of the more aggressive ones were behind fences of course.  I am not normally one to get excited about zoos, but I am so glad that we got to do this.


All in all it was just really great to spend lots of time with this guy.  I love him.



And it was great to not have to cook dinner every night.  I kind of loved that.  Ha.  However, I really did miss this beautiful face!  We both talked about how we missed her multiple times on our trip.


She was her normal sunshine-y self while we were gone, but she did break down in tears the moment she saw us and didn't want to leave my arms for a while.  Break my heart :(  I was sure glad to have her back in my arms too.

Always great to get away and so sweet to come home again.


1 comment:

April Scherb said...

I may have missed it... but where did you guys go for your babymoon? Where is this really neat drive thru zoo?