Sunday, October 21, 2012

32 Weeks and growing

We are reaching the end...or at least at feels that way.  I am now going to the doctor for baby boy checkups every other week and soon will be going every week.  I really, really want to be one of those women who loves being pregnant, but I am just not.  I do love the end result of a beautiful baby, but I can't say that I enjoy being pregnant.  This pregnancy has seemed harder on my body, but it really does help to look at Amaia, know how much joy she brings and know that I get to experience that all over again.


29 Weeks (baby the size of a butternut squash)
Lots of people have asked me if I think Amaia understands what is about to happen.  I tell her about it often and ask her if she wants to have a little baby come live at our house.  She likes to play in baby brother's room and try to climb in the bouncy chair that she is far too big for.  If you ask her where mommy's baby is she will point to my belly and often times try to lift up my shirt too :)  I know that she often understands more than I give her credit for, but I don't think it is really possible for her to to understand how her world is about to change.  I am hopeful that she will enjoy having a baby brother from the beginning, but I know it doesn't always happen that way.  However, I know she will love having a brother and constant playmate so much as they both grow older.  She is becoming more and more affectionate with us and with her dolly and other stuffed animals the older she gets too.  She likes to rock her dolly, and hug and kiss all her little stuffed friends.  I can already see her sweet, motherly instincts kicking in.


32 Weeks (baby the size of a large jicama - whatever that is :))

How Far Along:  32 Weeks

Maternity Clothes:  All maternity clothes all the time.  Thankful that I haven't had issues with swelling yet though, so I haven't had to break out the maternity wedding ring yet :)

Gender: BOY!!

Movement:  Lots and lots of movement.  This baby still seems more active than I remember Amaia being in the womb.

Sleep:  Sleeping fairly well, but it is just becoming harder and harder to be comfortable.  I am a back sleeper, so I can't wait to be able to sleep on my back again.

What I miss:  My body being "normal"

Cravings:  No too specific or pervasive craving.  Last night I did really, really want corn pops cereal and Adam provided for me.

Symptoms:  Lots of aches, soreness and organs feeling cramped.  This pregnancy is proving more uncomfortable than I remember it being last time, but that might be because I am carrying around a sweet, yet heavy little girl much of the time.

Best Moment this week: babymooning!

1 comment:

Callie said...

You look great! People ask me if I think Wyatt understands all the time too, and I don't think he'll really "get it" until we bring the baby home . . .