Monday, October 29, 2012

Halfway Room Redo's

Amaia is on her way to becoming a big girl and so is her room!  We have made a few changes to her room over the past couple weeks, so I thought I would share.

First, she got a new dresser and we picked out some different knobs to up the cuteness factor a bit :)  The knobs were a great deal from hobby lobby.  Only about $10 for all of them - very worth it in my opinion!  Please excuse her curtains that I still have not ironed :)




The shelves above her dresser have some special books and a few things that were in my room when I was a little girl
.

The other side of her room will eventually have a big girl bed and some sort of side table or storage, but I haven't decided what I want to do and she isn't quite ready for a big girl bed.  I know that Amaia loves blankets and pillows.  When we are playing in the living room she loves to get out all the blankets and pillows and lay on them, jump on them, etc. So I improvised with a little blanket/pillow/toy corner in the hopes that she would like it during our little transitional period.

This is how it looks all picked up.



And this is how it usually actually looks.  I think it's safe to say that she likes it :)


She loves to lounge around with all of her books.  All of the sesame street character books are in heavy rotation.





She also loves to have easy access to all her stuffed animal friends.  She is soooo generous with hugs and kisses for all her animals lately.  It's basically the sweetest thing ever.  


As you can see by her facial expression, she is very concerned that her loved ones are well loved.  She is going to make a great big sis.



Lil' man's room is coming together too.  It is nothing fancy or well decorated by any means, but all the pieces are there and it soothes my pregnant soul to feel semi-ready.

The chair will be switched out with the comfy recliner that is currently in Amaia's room upon his arrival.  I did a bit of crafting and made the elephant banners in the corner.  We still need a lamp, curtains, and a few other random things, so it is certainly a work in progress!


Lil' man will sleep in the bassinet for a little while until Amaia is ready to give him the crib.



Our hallway got an addition too.  After 20 months, I finally framed my "push" present aka. the print that my sweet husband gave me at Amaia's birth.  He says she looks like me :)  I only put it off so long because it is so expensive to custom frame!  I'm so glad that I get to see it every day now though.


It feels so good to continue to make our house feel more and more like our home :)

1 comment:

Sarah and Jed said...

Love it all! Nesting is so fun - feels so good to be so productive! :)