Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pretty, Pretty Pumpkins

I am very excited to announce that Amaia and I did your very first real craft project together yesterday! Although I am not good at it at all, I do love a good craft and I am hoping that Amaia shares the sentiment and she grows older.

My parents grew some cute, little pumpkins in their garden this year and Amaia got to "pick" a few from the garden a few weeks ago.  I just taped the letter "A" on one pumpkin and a face on the other pumpkin with painters tape.  We took advantage of the warm weather yesterday and did this project outside.  I really wanted to take pictures of us and our pumpkins in process, but I am quite positive that would have resulted in paint all over my phone, so I refrained. Amaia wasn't sure about finger painting at first.  She is a girl that doesn't like getting her hands dirty.  I guess we both need to learn to embrace messiness with a little boy coming into our lives soon :)  However, with a little encouragement from mommy she started really enjoying it.  She has recently learned a lot of her colors and really enjoyed picking which color to use.

Our pumpkins waiting to dry....



And the finished project...


No comments: