Thursday, March 1, 2012

Weaning & Jeggings...Oh My!

This week Amaia and I have started the weaning process and my oh my... it has been tough.  The first couple of days went reasonably well, but yesterday there were many tears from the both of us. Basically, she is not very interested in drinking more than a sip or two from a bottle or cup and I did not expect this to be quite the emotional of a process as it has been for me.  However, I have always been of the philosophy that I am the mom and Amaia is the child.   Meaning, Amaia is not the boss and I do what is best for her despite both of our emotions.  Thus, we are going to keep working towards weaning with lots and lots of patience and gentleness. It does make sense that she would have difficulty with a big life change - she is my daughter afterall :)

On a completely different note: Amaia is the proud new owner of jeggings and girlfriend looks SO good in them!  Adorable clothes on my baby girl make me happy.  


This morning we had a playdate with Oscar and Julie.  I so love our times together!  Julie also watches another little boy on Thursdays, so it is Amaia and the boys!  The kids are really starting to interact with each other more and it is fun!  I tried really hard to get a picture of Oscar and Amaia in their jeans with their cute little pockets, but it is quite the challenge to take a good picture of busy one-year olds.  We resorted to offering a little treat and it worked.  All the babies come running when the treats come out.  


And I got my picture :)

1 comment:

Sarah and Jed said...

Oh CUTE! Amaia can invite Lainey to come play if she doesn't want to be the only girl :)