Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring has Sprung

We have been on a spring break this week and we have been partying it up!!  Ha.  Ok, actually it was only me on spring break.  I work a small part time job from home and the company closed down this week.  I typically work during Amaia's morning nap, but this week I could do whatever my little heart desired during that time, so what did I do you ask?!?  Well mostly I cleaned, which is quite the opposite of partying I suppose.  However, a clean home makes me very, very happy!  And I also "chillaxed" as my sister would say, which involved sitting in complete silence while reading magazines.  It was wonderful!

Amaia's week has been quite the opposite of taking a break from learning/working.  She has been perfecting her walking skills all week long.  In fact, she is most more interested in walking around the house than playing with her toys right now.  She has also been perfecting her eating on her own skills.  She can now take a drink out of her sippy all by herself!

It was very rainy/dreary for most of the week, but we did get out to take a few walks and do a few fun things.  This morning we went to a park with some friends and Amaia got to get out of the stroller and explore.  She really seemed to enjoy walking around, however she also really seemed to enjoy putting the wood chips (that were covered with dirt) in her mouth.  One second was all it took! I tried to be extra vigilant, but she managed a get a couple in her mouth.  Gross, right?!  But it will only make her immune system stronger....that is my philosophy at least.

Sadly, this is the only picture I got of our outdoor excursions.  Amaia has a bit of a sad face because she does not like stopping while we are on a walk.


I was gifted daffodils twice this week!  By my sweet husband and mom.  I LOVE daffodils.  I have a special memory of daffodils and they always remind me of God's care for us.  


Amaia and I also took a cue from my friend Allie and stopped at the library today to get a few books.  I am yet to be an expert at picking out children's books, but I do know that we like: bright and colorful pictures, turning the page frequently, looking at other babies and Dr. Suess!


I hope she likes them!  I know that I will enjoy having a few new ones to read :)

2 comments:

Sarah and Jed said...

Amaia is such a big girl! So fun!

Allie said...

Great work on the books! If you're anything like me, trips to the library will become an addiction. :-)

PS: The way you spent your "spring break" sounds amazing... especially the part about reading magazines.