Saturday, February 25, 2012

Celebrating Amaia's First Year

My heart is full.  We celebrated Amaia's very first birthday today with a breakfast party full of family and friends.  I am beyond thankful for this little girl and for the so, so many people that love her just as much as I do.  

I know that Amaia does not actually care about having a fancy birthday party at this point in her life, so I wanted to make sure that we did something that was truly for her.  I saw an idea online of making a time capsule and loved it!  She will get to open this mystery box on her 16th birthday.


I made a little photo timeline of our year together.


Amaia and her second cousin Evan.  Is his expression not the cutest?!


Birthday girl and her birthday muffin!


Amaia still refuses to feed herself, but she thoroughly enjoyed the muffin and lots of other yummy breakfast foods!


We love you Amaia Ruth!


And I think it's pretty safe to say that you love us too! 




2 comments:

Callie said...

What a sweet idea for the time capsule!

Callie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.