Thursday, March 15, 2012

Summer Preview


Our beautiful little girl is changing SO much! It seems like she is doing something new practically every day....and she is very much not a baby anymore.  I still call her baby, but she is very much a little kid exploring her world and letting her personality be known.  This girl is silly!  She loves to laugh and on occasion laughs simply to entertain herself.  She is not the calm, quiet, shy child that you would think would come from me.  We think she is going to be a bit more like her daddy, which of course is a wonderful thing!  A few of the fun things she has been doing lately: making a "moo" sound like a cow, dancing and enthusiastically enjoying music, getting creative and inventing new games with her toys, playing peek-a-boo with us from behind her crib and many more things.


She is also really, really into exploring....every cabinet and drawer must be opened and found out!  I'm trying by best, but it is hard to keep her safe from herself sometimes.  I have resulted to putting her in her crib with a few toys when I really need to do something, and she seems to be okay with that for a limited period of time.   She also seems to be particularly fascinated with toilets, which grosses me out, but also makes me quite motivated to keep them very clean, so I guess that is a good thing :)


Also, Amaia finally decided that she can feed herself!  This is beyond awesome for me and she really seems to enjoy it too!  I feared that I would be feeding her through her teenage years, but yet again my fears are proved false.

I have to say this is my favorite phase of Amaia's life so far....I suppose I will say that a lot, but she is just so excited about life.  It has been much more like June than March this week, so we have been doing many summer-like things.  We have gone to the park and tried out the swing and slide, played with bubbles, taken a lot of walks and had a lot of new experiences.  One of things I really love about being Amaia's mom is getting to be a kid again in a sense and experience things through her eyes.  I think this is going to be a very fun summer hopefully full of trips to the pool and park and zoo!!  Yea!

No comments: