Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Traditions

I fully plan on having many, many Christmas traditions as Amaia gets older and we add more children to our family (Lord willing!!!).  I am still brainstorming on potential Christmas traditions, so we don't have very many built into our family Christmas celebrations YET, but we do have one!!  Every year for the last three years Adam and I have gone to Starbucks to get a warm drink and then we drive around looking at Christmas lights and listening to Christmas music.  I was so excited to take Amaia out this year!!  We ran into a few bumps in our Christmas merriment road, but they did not deter us.

Bump # 1:  Last year we found this crazy, wonderful house in Grimes. It was decorated with a million lights and huge blow up lawn ornaments.  It was cheesy and festive and wonderful.  They even played music and you could get out and walk around and look at everything.  I have been REALLY looking forward to taking Amaia to see it.  I cannot say this with absolute certainty, but I think it was quite possibly the #1 thing I was looking forward to experiencing with Amaia for Christmas.   Well, we found the house last night and they apparently are not doing it this year.  Insert huge sad face here!!  Needless to say I was a bit dissapointed.  However, Adam did a find a consolation for us.  I really wanted somewhere that I could take Amaia out of the car and show her the lights so we did find the Grimes public library.  It wasn't nearly as crazy, but we could still get out of the car and walk around.


Isn't she a vision in her new winter coat??  I decided that she just must wear it even though it was 50 degrees in December at night and Adam was wearing flip-flops :)




Bump #2: Amaia did not particularly enjoy our tradition this year.  And by that I mean that she cried almost the entire time that we were in the car.  She has to enjoy it more next year, because I don't think that she could enjoy it any less :)

We do have one other tradition - we attempt to watch Home Alone 2 every year.  It is one of Adam's favorite movies and I honestly have never seen anyone laugh so hard at a movie before.  Typically he laughs at the movie and I laugh at him.  It is great fun :)

What Christmas traditions does your family have??

1 comment:

ashley said...

ohhhh goooorrrgeous coat, just gorgeous! ;)