Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Week Snapshots

We are slowing down a bit this week and enjoying the week leading up to Christmas!!!  Does the excitement for Christmas ever fade?!  I will be 30 in a month (yikes!) so I would say that qualifies me as an official adult, but I still get a little bit giddy inside for Christmas.  This year I am excited to observe Amaia's first Christmas experience and watch her reaction to everything, I am super excited to see my sister and have extended times with our family and eat wonderful food!  

I'm also really enjoying that this week seems be a little less busy for us.  Here are a few snapshots of what we have been up to this week....

 Adam I went on a Christmas date night to Centro.  In my mind there would be a snow on the ground and twinkly lights in the trees downtown and it would be oh so Christmas-y and romantic.  Well... there is still no snow around here and no lights BUT it still was wonderful.  Honestly, Centro pretty much never disappoints.  We both ate brussel sprouts for the first time and discovered that they are awesome!   At least they are awesome when prepared well. AND i ordered this wonderful marshmallow brownie sundae dessert - yum!  Adam had a hazelnut creme brulee that was even better.  If anyone knows how to make creme brulee I think I need to learn.  It just might be the way to Adam's heart.


Amaia and I had a playdate with Oscar and Julie this morning.  I had a really cute picture of both the babes in which they were both actually looking at the camera, but I accidentally deleted it.  She is so happy and cute. I love her smile. Oscar and Amaia actually played together this morning. This is a big development!  They seemed genuinely interested in one another and I think that Oscar was motivating Amaia to try crawling a bit more.  He needs to show her the ropes.


Orange tea and english muffin with peach-mango jam while I worked this afternoon.  Yum.  I guess I was feeling a bit English :)  One thing I love about this time of year is just being "cozy" -- sipping warm drinks, lighting candles and wearing slippers....


Only 4 sleeps until Christmas!  Merry Christmas everyone!  

1 comment:

Meg said...

my family counts everything in "sleeps" too. I've never heard anyone else say that!