Monday, October 10, 2011

Wonderful Weekend

We had a wonderful weekend!  It was relaxing....yet not boring, which makes for a great weekend in my opinion.

Adam does not work on Friday nights anymore, which makes Friday night feel a little more like Friday night to us :)  This Friday we joined my parents for dinner at Mama Lacona's for some yummy Italian food.  I didn't snap any pictures.  I have found it challenging to keep Amaia from grabbing anything on the table AND take pictures at the same time.  I would rather hold her any day, but I want to get better at recruiting others to take pictures for me.  The worst part of the weekend came when we got home on Friday night to find a LARGE spider on our kitchen floor.  I may have gotten a little worked up, but I did manage to take care of the spider.  Adam was a bit concerned that my shreiks would alarm sweet Amaia, but she was unphased.  She just looked at me as if to say "Mom, seriously?!  You are scared of that little thing?? "

On Saturday morning Amaia and I got to go to La Mie with Aunt Ashley and Grandma Deanne.  In case you didn't know - I am semi-obsessed with scones and La Mie has the best in town!  Then we came home and I cleaned while Amaia slept, we went to meet Adam for lunch and then watched the rest of Iowa game....possibly the low point of the weekend.  I sneaked in a nap too.  Sometimes I think that a 10 minute snooze on the couch is the best sleep I get. Saturday night Aunt Ashley came with us to church!!  Have I mentioned that Amaia and are really enjoying having Aunt Ashley back in town!! :)   Amaia did really well at church too.  A couple weeks ago I finally relented and changed Amaia's bedtime to be a bit earlier, but Saturday nights are our exception to that rule.  Being at church together is just too darn important.  But, I have been nervous about how she would do at church since it is technically past her bedtime.  However, so far, so good!

I did get one picture of my beautiful girl before we left in the morning on Saturday.


On Sunday we slept in, which was much needed!  In the afternoon we went to the world food festival downtown.  It was a very popular destination which made it difficult to manuever with a stroller.  We ended up eating at a new resturaunt downtown that we have been wanting to try - Zombie Burger.  Adam had a burger that had two grilled cheese sandwiches as the bun.  Ugh SO unhealthy!  But I guess Sunday is our "cheat" day, so I allowed it :)

Amaia says "hi" to you!


In the evening we relaxed at home and watched the Green Bay Packers beat the Atalanta Falcons!

Amaia watched part of the game with us too!

She got pretty excited at some parts.


Adam worked on teaching Amaia to crawl!  She is oh so close!  She gets up on her hands and knees and rocks back and forth.  It doesn't usually last too long and there has been no forward motion yet, but any day now I have a feeling!

No comments: