Thursday, October 6, 2011

Fall in Our Home

Have I mentioned that I LOOOOOOOVE fall.  I love the open windows and cool air, I love wearing layers and scarves, I love pumpkin spiced lattes, apple cider, apple cake, candles, being cozy on the couch....i even get excited about football season.  Now if only the weather would remember that it is fall :)

This is what fall looks like at our house....

Pumpkins, pumpkins, pumpkins!

 Sqaush, nutella (with cinnamon graham crackers!), lasagna, tea, candy corn and of course pumpkin all speak of fall to me.  I am semi-obsessed with this new Kashi cereal and I also should have included apples in this picture.  I tried a honeycrisp apple and a sweet tango apple for the first time this year.  I know everyone loves honeycrisp, but the sweet tango was about 1,000,000 times better in my opinion.  So good!
 And I finished my yarn wreath!!



What is your favorite thing about fall?

7 comments:

Adam Horning said...

My favorite thing about fall is spending it with you!! And Hawkeye football of course!

Allie said...

Did you make those pumpkins???

Kristy said...

I only wish I was that crafty :) They were from hobby lobby last fall.

Meg said...

I LOVE the colors of the wreath that you made! Probably my favorite colors. Do you think that you could keep that up longer than just the fall because of the colors? I'm not good at decorating...

Kristy said...

You are good at decorating!! I have seen pictures of your house :) But I for sure intend to keep it up longer than fall....maybe not in the summer months though, bc yarn is warm material to me. But I am weird about wanting things to be appropriate for the season, so you might not want to listen to me on that!

Sarah and Jed said...

Your wreath turned out great. With mine, my intention is/was to change out the different colored felt flowers for fall and then Christmas. I think I'm going to move mine onto that old window I have hanging above our dining table so I can admire it more often than on the front door! :)

Sarah and Jed said...

Oh and my favorite thing about fall is... oh there are so many! My birthday, warmer clothes and layers too :), caramel apple spice from Starbucks (!!!!!) and looking at the pretty colors outside!