Tuesday, October 18, 2011

3 Years!!


Adam and I celebrated our THIRD wedding anniversary yesterday! Three years sounds like a good chunk of time to me, but it has gone by fast!  I am so blessed to call this man my husband.   I can easily say that I love him more now than I did on our wedding day.  He is such an honorable, wonderful man.  He works so hard and loves Amaia and I so well.  It is easy to have a lot of respect for him, but he is also the best friend I have ever had without a doubt.  We had so much fun together this weekend!

We had a two day celebration of our anniversary.  We got to spend all of Sunday and Monday together! This is what I woke up to on Sunday morning....beautiful, unique flowers.
On Sunday morning we did our usual routine of sleeping in, picking up breakfast and coffee and relaxing with one another while Amaia napped.  Then we went to a park with Aunt Ashley and took some family fall pictures.  I am so excited to see them and share them soon!  After that we watched the Hawkeyes beat Northwestern! 

Sometimes I wish that Adam and I were the type of couple that enjoyed biking together or hiking or running....but actually our favorite pastime is eating :)  So the rest of our anniversary celebrations included lots of yummy food.  On Sunday night we went out to a nice dinner.  It was a new restaurant that we were not particularly impressed with, but we still had a great time together.  We came home, put Amaia to bed and then I made Adam watch our wedding video together while eating dove chocolates - yum!

On Monday morning, Adam blindfolded me to take me to a surprise breakfast spot.  It was La Mie!  Very good choice!  Best scones in the greater Des Moines area in my opinion.

Here is our little family on our anniversary day.
And is Amaia not the cutest thing ever??  I love that hat on her.

The rest of the day we relaxed, had a mini Office marathon and ended our day with dinner at Zombie burger and bible study.

It was just a lovely, relaxing day.  And it is always nice to have a helper around the house to hang out with and feed Amaia her peas.


This morning we are just playing and missing him.  Amaia wanted to wear her I love dad shirt!


AND last, but certainly not least we got a wonderful anniversary present last week -- Adam put in his two week notice to quit working his second job!!  We had been praying about this for a while and God made it clear that it was the right decision.  I am obviously so excited about this development!!  But it was also really exciting to see how clearly the Lord answered our requests for direction on this situation. I found it so amazing that God cares for us so much to give us clarity in a such a seemingly small matter.  I am so excited for him to have time to other things than work and of course to be home with us more!!   


1 comment:

Allie said...

Congratulations, you two - on three years of marriage, and on Adam's job news!! Also, I love Amaia's hat!