Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Prayers for Amaia

If you do the math, I spend about 6 hours a day feeding Amaia.  Multiply that by 7 days a week and I spend almost the equivalent of a full time job sitting on the couch.   The time can become monotonous to say the least!  I have filled my time by listening to messages, listening to music, writing out to do lists, texting, talking on speaker phone and far too much TV watching!!  I often think about how much I want to protect her and make sure she knows how much she is loved by us and by God and how powerless I feel to make that happen.  But I realized this morning the great opportunity I have in our feeding time.  I may not be able to use my hands during that time, but I can certainly still work hard in my prayers for Amaia.  So anyone reading this feel free to keep me accountable!!  I want to start by spending at least one feeding per day praying through this list for Amaia:

  • That God would draw her to himself at an early age
  • That she would obey and respect authority
  • She would be protected from the lies and schemes of satan
  • She would know and love God's word
  • She would glorify God in all circumstances
  • She would be wise in the wisdom of the Lord
  • She would have good friends and be a good friend to others
  • She would have a godly spouse that would love her well
  • She would be humble, caring about other people and knowing that everything good in her life is a gift from God
  • Her life would be used for God's kingdom
  • She would understand the message of the gospel and that grace and forgiveness would be a part of her everyday life
  • She would have a gentle and quiet spirit
  • She would not worry or be anxious, but that she would instead be a woman of prayer
  • She would seek after God with her whole heart.  That she would seek to fill any emptiness in her life with a relationship with God
  • She would be an encourager of others
  • She would think biblically
  • She would love the church
  • She would be salt & light to those around her
  • She would know that she is deeply loved by Adam and I and by God
  • She would be honest with God, herself and others
  • She would live with an eternal perspective
  • She would know God more intimately and do greater works because of this 
  • She would know that her beauty comes from within and that she would be secure in who God made her to be
  • She would be a woman of great character: loyal, kind, patient, compassionate, a hard worker, humble

2 comments:

Callie said...

What a wonderful list! And that's a great idea - I spend usually one feeding a day praying, but it would be good to do more.

Momma of 4 said...

Great idea Kristy!