Monday, May 9, 2011

First Mother's Day!

Yesterday was my first mother's day as a mommy and oh my it was an eventful one!  It was a great day and a stressful day and a busy day!  Our day started out smooth and sweet.  I woke miss Amaia up at 6am for her first feeding of the day and then got Adam up.  I got a card from Adam and Amaia (Adam claims that she dictated to him :))  Adam also got me a plethora of beauty products to try out and I can't wait to do so!!
My sweet gifts:


Then we all got ready for church and headed out for the day and Amaia cried almost the entire way to church.  She is almost never fussy in the morning so I was sure that she had a dirty diaper.  I checked it as soon as we got there, but nothing.  Then she let out a good burp, but that that didn't improve her spirits either.  She was mostly calm and getting sleepy by the time we went on stage for her dedication and we almost made it through without any crying.  She did cry a bit towards on the end, but we got through it!  We went to sit down and she slept through the rest of the service.  She actually slept until a little after noon, over 3 hours since her last feeding.  I couldn't believe it!
Then we headed off to my parent's house for lunch with my wonderful mom (and dad and sis).  Amaia ate up and was okay for a little while, but then was very fussy and seemed very tired again.  She feel asleep in her carseat and we had some yummy chinese food and awesome rhubarb bread!
In the afternoon we fed Amaia a couple more times, took her temp (I was a nervous mom!), took a very short nap, got treats from Starbucks and went on a little walk and Amaia seemed in good spirits.  She did have a good poop during this time too, so I thought that was the problem.  False!
We did a little photo shoot too.  Proof that Amaia was happy at one point on Mother's day:

Happy Amaia = Happy Mommy

Can you believe that just 3 months ago this big girl was in my belly?!?!

We then traveled over to celebrate with Adam's mom and Amaia was almost immediately upset again.  She seemed to only be okay with me holding her (which she has never done before) and had a high pitched cry that I have never really heard before.  I was starting to really worry about my baby, but we did get her calmed down and she fell asleep for again.  We had an amazing dinner and then headed home again when Amaia woke up.  I fed her again when we got home, but she was even so upset that she wouldn't finish eating.  I was starting to get concerned about my baby girl.  She was more fussy most of the day than I can remember her being for a long time.  We got her settled down and she took another nap before another good feeding and bedtime. She slept very well last night and has seemed better for the most part today - yea!  If she was acting the same today I was going to take her into the doctor.  Adam said that maybe she was just testing my mothering abilities for my first mother's day :)  I have several theories...maybe she was overwhelmed by all the events of the day??....maybe she wasn't feeling well??....maybe she was too warm??....only Amaia knows!  All I know is that I am so blessed to be a mommy and wifey to such a wonderful little family.  I really do have more compassion and love for this little girl than my heart has ever felt before.

1 comment:

Callie said...

Sounds like a good Mother's day, except for the fussiness. :-( Glad she's doing better today! And have fun with all those beauty products!