Monday, April 25, 2011

Surprise!!

My husband is extremely high on my priority list.  Afterall, an unhappy marriage = an unhappy Kristy and Adam which in turn = an unhappy sweet little Amaia Ruth.  Plus, I actually really love Adam, so it isn't particularly difficult to make him a priority.  I tell you all of this because quality time has been harder to come by over the last couple months and that is why I had a surprise date night planned for us last Thursday.

I had the night all planned out and had arranged for my parents to watch Amaia for the evening or so I thought.  On Tuesday night, my dad called me and asked if Adam and I were available to go out to dinner with them and my dad's boss at work, because they wanted to meet Adam on Thursday night.  Why does he want to meet Adam???....I thought to myself, but didn't think too much of it.  I then reminded my dad that we couldn't do it this Thursday, because remember...you are supposed to watch Amaia for me??  Ha...little did I know Adam and I had put my dad in a bit of a difficult situation.  We were both trying to surprise one another with a date night and had asked my parents to participate in the surprise.  I asked them to watch Amaia in secret so we could have some alone time and Adam had called my dad and asked him to make me think we were meeting them out for dinner so that I would get dressed up, but really it would just be the two of us for dinner.  The secrets came out on Tuesday night over dinner.  We had a good laugh about it and Adam and I decided to go out to dinner (his surprise plan) for our date night.

I do wish that I would not have interfered with his surprise, but I thought it was so fun that we were trying to surprise one another.  We had such a great dinner at Sbrocco.  So good!  I highly recommend it for a special occasion (it's not cheap). Lately, I am really into balsamic and I always love horseradish, so the filet with horseradish potatoes and balsamic vinegar was music to my tastebuds.  I wish I had taken pictures of the evening, but I forgot.  Adam had one last "small" surprise of the evening.  He gave me the wedding band that goes with my wedding ring!!  I was so excited! I knew that he was saving up for it, but didn't really think it would be anytime soon since a large (but completely worth it) expense just entered our lives. And I'm sure that Adam is excited for me to stop bugging him about it.  I finally look like a married woman :)

No comments: