Friday, December 24, 2010

Our Christmas 2010

Merry Christmas Eve!  My office is closed today, so I am home cooking, cleaning, wrapping, apparently updating the blog, and potentially working out if I can find some motivation :)
Every year Adam and I pick a night to celebrate Christmas for just our little family and last night was our night.  I saw a recipe that I thought looked really good a while ago on Iowa Girl Eats blog: Bacon Wrapped Turkey Breast with Wild Rice Stuffing.  We also made a cranberry chutney to go with it and an easy romaine/mandarin orange/dried cranberry/etc. salad.  The recipe was slightly more ambitious than I usually attempt, but it was actually quite easy.  I don't know if this is a pregnancy craving or not, but lately anything with sour cream I am big fan of, so there was much sampling of the ride mixture going on in the kitchen last night :)

Cooking Together...

The spread...

After dinner we exchanged presents.  We had a spending limit this year since we have a new member of the family to be preparing for.  I got Adam a DVD of "the Mysterious Islands".  It combines two of his favorite things: animals + biblical truth.  I do believe he liked it, because we also watched it last night, but I ended up feeling a little lame with my gift, because he was so thoughtful!   I got a cute little newborn outfit for our little girl (that he picked out by himself), a picture frame for a new family picture of the three of us, a high school musical ornament, a CD I have been wanting and a letter.  Adam has started a tradition of writing me a letter each Christmas, which is honestly probably my favorite thing to receive.
It was a wonderful, relaxing night.   I am just thankful that I have such a wonderful man to start building a family with.  Next year there will be three of us in our little family!  Maybe even a fourth on the way - ha...I'm totally not sure about that :)

Okay....now I am off to pray that my sister is able to get here safely tonight!!  It needs to stop snowing :(

No comments: