Thursday, August 2, 2012

20 Weeks with Baby #2

Today is actually the last day that I am 20 weeks, so I thought I better get this post up!  We are officially half way now - woot!!  I am not one that particularly enjoys pregnancy (love the outcome, but not as much the process), but I think I have actually had it pretty easy.  I have been feeling very good for the most part ever since we entered the second trimester and mostly I just can't believe that we are over halfway now.  It has gone by SO fast.





How Far Along: 20 Weeks

Maternity Clothes: It has been 90-100 degrees almost every day for what seems like all summer and thusly I have been on a mad hunt for maternity shorts.  However, I have yet to find a pair that I like well enough to purchase and it is August, so I am giving up.  I have one pair or pre-pregnancy shorts that do still fit, so at this point I am just pining away for fall, cooler weather and more clothing options.

Gender: Still a mystery to me!  But we are (Lord willing) finding out next week!

Movement: I have been feeling lots and lots of sweet little baby flutters.  I feel a lot of movement at the end of the day while I am laying on the couch watching the olympics.  If my memory serves me correctly this baby is much more active than Amaia was at this time.

Sleep: Sleeping great!  I do have to get up at least once to go to the bathroom, but I get back to sleep right away.  This also might be because I am TIRED! :)

What I miss:  I don't know of much that I miss other than having more clothing options :)  Maybe this is weird, but I am already missing or anticipating missing one on one time with my Amaia.  I already feel bad for the shocker that she is going to get in December and I "miss" being able to give all of myself to her, BUT I know that she will love having a sibling so much once she gets used to the idea AND it will so good for her.  So....I'm working on not thinking that way.

Cravings:  So far this time around I have been all about cheese & crackers.  Weird! This might be partly due to the fact that Amaia LOVES cheese.  It may even be her favorite food of all right now, so I always have it on hand.  Other than that....I crave specific things, but what I am craving is always changing.

Symptoms:  Tired, tired, tired, hungry, hungry, hungry

Best Moment this week: Starting to feels lots of movement and planning to find out baby's gender!


And just because she is beautiful....


2 comments:

Sarah and Jed said...

Have you tried Kohls for maternity shorts? I have one pair from there that I wear alllllmost every day. Kohls is tricky because each store has different inventory I feel like, but it's worth a shot! :)

Momma of 4 said...

JC Penny has some good maternity shorts too. And, when I got them this summer they were only $20, so they could be a lot cheaper if on sale!