Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Mid-Summer Mish Mash

Wow!  I cannot believe that is already mid-June and I cannot believe that my baby girl is almost 17 months old!!  She is a crazy and sweet little lady and I love her so much!! My girl is very courageous, an explorer, LOVES her dolly and doggies, gives hugs and kisses and is a busy girl all day long.  I have been very bad at remembering to take pictures and blog lately.  My excuse is that it is not easy to take pictures of miss Amaia as she always on the move, but I guess that is just an excuse so I better just get better :)

However, I have entered the land of smart phones (yea!), which means I have random pictures from my phone!


Celebrating the 4th!  We had a great day which included a parade, surf and turf lunch with Aunt Ashley, naps, our church's talent show and fireworks.  The parade was crazy town and was 100+ degrees!  Amaia seemed like she could take it or leave it, so we decided next year maybe we should check out a small town parade.


A few weeks ago I noticed that Amaia was very close to growing out of her infant car seat, so it was time for a big girl car seat.  She does not look nearly as small in it as I thought she would :)  I love, love, love bring able to turn around to grab her little toes and see her.


Amaia had corn on the cob for the first time this week and I was so impressed with her skills.  The girl barely has eight teeth and can eat corn on the cob just as easily as me.



I could not get a very good picture, but we got new curtains!!  I LOVE them! We had some panels up in front of our patio doors before, but they were almost exactly the same color as our walls and I have wanted to change them basically since we put them up - ha!  My friend Julie and I have great husbands who sent us on a weekend shopping trip with no kiddos a few weeks ago.  I should write an entire post about our weekend, but it was wonderful!  Amaia didn't miss a beat without me and it was great to just be a girl and friend for a few days :)  But I digress....we visited IKEA and I took that opportunity to get some quite affordable new curtains.

Just a little glimpse of our summer so far.  More to come!


No comments: