Monday, August 20, 2012

The Great State Fair: 2012

Our little family of 3 ventured out to the state fair again this year!  Neither Adam or I are big fair people, but we do enjoy the food (of course!) and I thought Amaia might enjoy seeing the animals this year.  Also, I did discover that getting to the fair bright and early, which for us means 9 a.m., will win a great parking spot!

The first thing we did was eat - duh :)  We had cinnamon rolls for the first time and they were sooo good.  Then I wanted to do something Amaia would enjoy so we went to see the baby animals.  I was sure that Amaia would enjoy this, she usually gets excited when we see dogs, birds, etc. but she was unimpressed.  She also got poked by a little chick while her hand was up on the fence and she was even more unimpressed by that, but daddy was there to save the day!



To be perfectly honest, other than that we pretty much just walked around and ate our favorite foods and made a brief stop in the varied industries building in search of free Hawkeye tattoos.  I'm just not sure what other people do at the fair other than eat.  Please do tell :)

My new favorite at the fair....the hot beef sundae....it did not dissapoint.


And of course a few customary pics of my beautiful girl with the state fair signs....




All in the all, the weather was perfect, it was a great morning out and I am again inspiried to eat healthy :)

2 comments:

April Scherb said...

Oh my Kristeena! There is so much to do at the fair! Animals and food are only the obvious. There is a petting zoo, carnival rides, carnival games, you can make things like sand art, there are endless amounts of art work to view as well as prize winning produce. The butter cow and other large butter objects to view. The kids love the playground, sand box and three different sets of fountains. As well as the helping hands farm activity and butterfly house. I could go on and on. I recommend going to their website next year where you can "plan an itinerary" and see what is going on, on the day you plan to go. It seems to help cut down on the endless circles you can walk to get places in the fair ;) can you tell I love the Iowa State fair?

ashley said...

I could totally go for that hot beef sundae right about now... Either way, glad you guys had a good time. Amaia will continue to like the animals as she gets older I think. Alllllsooo.... maybe she'd really enjoy some music there! Aunt Ashley can take her to see some music next year when Mom and Dad need some one on one time with the wee one.