Friday, February 24, 2012

One Year!




My sweetie Amaia,

You are ONE!  It has officially been an entire year since I first held you in my arms and you made me a mommy.  You have grown and changed so much over this past year.  It is incredible!  I have been reminiscing over the last couple of weeks and looking at old pictures of you and you have changed so much!  Your daddy noticed that when you were first born his finger was the same length as your shoulder to waist.  You are not so tiny anymore.  Here are your current stats:

Weight: 18 lbs. 14 oz. (36th percentile)
Height: 29 inches (44th percentile)
Head: 18.5 inches (86th percentile)

You are becoming an independent girl with your own likes and dislikes.  You get in silly moods.  You communicate with us.  You move around on your own.  You are quickly transitioning out of babyhood and it is exciting!


You have started crawling - sort of!  You still very much prefer to cruise around on whatever you can get your hands on, but if you see something you want you will crawl if you need to.  Last night you started off in the living room, made your way to the coffee table, walked around the coffee table, along the couch and chair and then crawled the rest of the way to join me in the kitchen.

You are an excellent eater! You are very good about eating most things that we give you.  Your favorites are still veggies and yogurt - such a healthy girl.  Many nights you are able to have the same dinner as daddy and I.  We gave you a taste of chocolate milk this week and I think it is safe to say that you loved it!

I can't say for sure that you are saying any meaningful words yet, but I have my suspicions.  I think that you might be saying "dolly".  You have started to sign "more" when you are eating.  You have also started pointing at pictures and saying "da".  I just cannot wait until I know what you mean!  Normally you speak softly like your momma, but sometimes you get very loud and you love to laugh!  You are not currently a huge fan of car rides, but sometimes you entertain yourself in the car by laughing - so cute little girl!

We love you so much Amaia Ruth!  It has been my absolute privilege to spend this last year with you.
Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Callie said...

It's so hard to believe its been a year! Amaia's proportions are so similar to Wyatt's - he's 25th in weight, 55th in height, and 80th in head circumference! We must have smart babies. :-P she is so cute, and happy birthday to her!