Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Colorado Vacay

Ooooh how good it is to be home!!! Our little family has been on a roadtrip to Colorado for the past 10 days.  It was a wonderful trip!  But it tired mama out and it felt so sweet to be in our home again last night.   I slept so well!  And this morning was even sweeter with fall like temps and the first pumpkin spice latte of the season.  

10 days is a long time and I don't really know where to start, so I am going to let the pictures do the talking.....


Family pic at one of our first stops - Garden of the Gods.  Amaia is in her usual place - in the stroller napping.



Quite possibly the best part of the trip was getting to spend (almost) every minute of 10 days with him.


 I'm working on taking more family pics!  This was actually taken just outside of the Columbine Memorial.  If you are ever in the area I would really recommending stopping by.  It was the most personal and moving memorial I have ever seen.  


Oh my goodness she is so cute!  Amaia's first mountaintop experience.


 This picture captures several things about our trip.  First, we consumed lots and lots of Starbucks.   Also, we discovered that Amaia loves, loves, loves to grab your glass and suck on it.  I am guessing she likes the coolness??  Either way it's pretty funny to watch.


My sis and her fiance joined us for the last few days and we went out to a fancy dinner in Denver.  They love Amaia.


Amaia got to enjoy lots of time with her grandparents.  She also got to experience a roadtrip tradition in my family - she received her first goody bag filled with lots of new toys to entertain her :) 


We got to go on a tour of the Denver Broncos stadium.  It was really interesting and a great way to kick off football season!

The few days before our trip I was very nervous and thought that I was a complete crazy person for having the idea that I should take my 6-month old on a roadtrip.  For all that we asked of her, Amaia did awesome!  Sure we had a few rough nights and our share of poo explosions (TMI??) but all in all she was a champ.  BUT I also don't think I was the only one that was happy to be home last night.  Amaia seemed extra excited about being in her crib last night too.  

On the agenda this week:  lots of laundry and the first taste of sweet potatoes for the little one!


2 comments:

April Scherb said...

I absolutely love the picture of Amaia sucking on your Starbucks cup! Its the little bits of personality that they show that make photo's like that so sweet!

Callie said...

It looks like a great trip! How fun!