Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Four Generations

Me, Amaia, Great Grandma Mildred, Grandma Jeanette, Aunt Jessica

Last weekend we took our first roadtrip as a family of three to celebrate my grandma's (Amaia's great grandma) 90th birthday.  I heard someone say that it might not be the best idea to have a surprise party for a 90 year old, but the party was a big success!  She had no idea and as she arrived she gave little screams of excitement with each new person she saw - priceless!  She said she would never trust my mom (the party planner) again :)  It was really neat to see the legacy she is leaving in the form of children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren and then to look over at Amaia and know that she is the start of my legacy.

I wasn't sure how Amaia would do on her first roadtrip, but she was great!  I could not have asked for her to be any better.  She did poop twice and pee once mid-diaper change as we were preparing to leave, but I guess she was just getting it all out of her system :)  She was barely fussy for the entire trip and she even slept great at the hotel.  We even got to go out to a couple nice meals and Amaia slept soundly through both.  She was a trooper and a cutie all weekend long.

I leave you by the cutest moment of the weekend that I captured on camera...daddy/daughter naptime...so precious!

1 comment:

Meg said...

Some of my favorite pictures are of Dan sleeping with our babies. That is one precious picture of Adam and Amaia. It looks like she is adjusting to life just great! Keep enjoying her. They grow up SOOOO FAST!