Friday, March 4, 2011

2 weeks!!

My little love bug is two weeks old already! Wow has it gone by fast!  Between feedings and attempting to nap occasionally I feel like I never really get anything done, but I remind myself that taking care of my daughter is a big thing is the most important thing on my to do list! I did manage to clean in the kitchen yesterday for a while, I felt so accomplished :)
Adam has been such a big help.  I can't even imagine doing this without him.  For a guy who has never changed a diaper two weeks ago, he is very experienced now.  I did not even change a single diaper the first few days. I can already tell that Amaia loves her daddy :)  Of course, she doesn't "play" too much yet, but I really do feel like she lights up a bit more when they play together.
We went to the pediatrician today for her two week check up and she weighed 7 lbs 10 oz and has gained about an inch in length since her birth.  She is not quite back to her birth weight, but the past week she has been gaining the right amount of weight per day - yea, yea, yea!!  Seeing her weight gain really lifted a weight off my shoulders.  Breastfeeding has been much more stressful than I ever imagined.  I just thought that such a natural process wouldn't require such hard work and perseverance,  but it seems like what we have been doing is working and I think that she catching on more and more.  The doctor seemed happy with her weight gain and thought she looked great and I can now start letting her sleep for 4 hours at night, which means an extra hour of sleep for mom - woo hoo!!
I attempted to take some pictures of her by myself today, but it wasn't the easiest.  I think she will be much easier to take pictures of when she can hold her head up by herself.

We spend a lot of time together in this chair in the middle of the night.
 Amaia waves "bye bye" to everyone!


No comments: