Friday, September 25, 2015

The most wonderful time of the year!

We love fall in our house.  I love the crisp mornings and warm afternoons, all the wonderful fall food and drinks and the activities that come with fall.  Adam loves the return of football and we share a love of all things pumpkin!

On labor day weekend we took a little road trip with just baby Vera to IKEA to purchase a bookcase I wanted and of course had to celebrate with the first pumpkin spice latte of the season.  Sadly, I have yet to have another PSL this season :(  I don't make it to coffee shops so often these days, but I digress.... It was really fun to have some time to talk and IKEA was a shopping experience like no other, but I love our new bookcase.




Amaia is really into dressing up and costumes in general lately, so it was really hard for her to decide what she wanted to be for Halloween this year.  She has been really into Wonder Woman and super heroes in general lately, but we finally landed on being Elsa again this year.  Aren't these sisters the sweetest?!  At this point in Haddon's life he basically wants whatever his big sister tells him he wants much of the time, so he is going to be Olaf, but Haddon isn't a fan of the mamarazzi sometimes.


We painted pumpkins!  I let both Haddon and Amaia paint with non-washable paint, which i was nervous about, but they both loved this little project and it kept them busy for quite some time.



One gorgeous fall morning we went to the park to find "treasures".  We found leaves, acorns, walnuts and lots of other things.  Our little nature lover Haddon really enjoyed this activity.  We made pictures and researched some of our items when we got home.  Amaia called her picture a fall kingdom where every day is fall!  Clearly I have rubbed off on her a little bit.  I think Haddon could have walked around finding treasures until his bag broke.  He has really been learning a lot lately and is all of the sudden very interested in learning his letters.  It seems like a few weeks ago he knew about half of the alphabet and now he practically knows all of the capital letters.  It is so fun to see these little minds learning so much.


Last Saturday morning we all (including Aunt Ashley) got to go to a farm to pick apples and raspberries and also got to go on a hay rack ride.  The weather was perfect and I think everyone really enjoyed it.  Haddon in particular really enjoyed picking the fruit and eating the fruit. Haddon takes after his Aunt Jessica and when he eats and apple he eats everything but the stem if you let him.



My sweet Vera was along for the ride.  After a bad trip to the grocery store, during which Haddon terrorized Vera in the cart for our entire trip, I took up baby wearing!  I got this carrier at a garage sale last summer and I find it so much easier than the moby wrap.  I think Vera and I both kind of love it.  


No comments: