Saturday, February 28, 2015

Amaia turns 4!


My baby turned 4 years old this month!  She is a certified big girl now and I don't know how that happened!  Amaia's birthday was an emotional day for me - filled with joy with the girl she has become and sadness that she is getting so big.  Seriously, she is growing up really, really fast!  She is so smart and mature and wonderful and joyful and silly and sweet.  She is such a great helper for me around the house these days and is already an excellent big sister.

Amaia is currently VERY enamored with all things Frozen so it was only natural that we had a Frozen themed birthday this year. Honestly, we played it low key with the birthday celebrations for her this year because well I just had a baby and really all she wanted was to eat cake, open presents and play with her friends.

On the day of her birthday, my big 4 year old woke up to a couple of Frozen balloons. We went to the science center to play and see grandma at her request.



In the evening we celebrated at Gateway market with family, presents and mac and cheese of course :)





Then on Saturday we hosted our first kid birthday party!  We watched Frozen, ate pizza and cupcakes and the kids played.  We also played pin the nose on the Olaf, though I learned that little kids aren't so big on wearing a blindfold so it was a pretty easy game!

I had a giftcard to use from a fancy cupcake shop and oh my they were pretty and tasty!




Amaia had so much fun with her friends and is already planning her next birthday celebration!



No comments: