Thursday, February 5, 2015

Vera at 2 Weeks

Our baby girl is 2 weeks old already!  It feels like so long ago that she wasn't a part of our family to me.  She is one well loved little lady.  I have decided that thus far the most challenging part of having three children in protecting Vera from the intense love of her older siblings.  They LOVE her a lot, but the art of gentleness has not yet been perfected in them.  Amaia loves to talk to her and hold her and Haddon loves to bring her toys, give her hugs and tries to sneak up to her room if he hears her crying.  I think he is going to make a great big brother.



We visited the cardiologist when she was just a few days old and found that her VSD is very similar to what Haddon had.  It is about the same size and in the same place as well.  So far she has been doing great and hasn't shown any signs of it affecting her, so we are hopeful that it will be a non-issue for her.

Vera is the sweetest of little babies.  I think I enjoy each baby a little bit more.  So far she has proven to be a great little sleeper and eater.  She is on a pretty consistent 3 hour eating schedule during the day and then usually goes a couple of 4 hour stretches at night.  She had the 9-midnight fussy time just like her siblings before her, but she has gone to sleep great at about 10 for the past few nights so I'm crossing my fingers that we are past that stage!



We visited the doctor for her 2 week check-up yesterday and she is gaining weight like a champ, which takes a weight of worry off my shoulders and allows me to let her sleep longer at night if she will - hooray!!  She weighed 9 lbs 9 oz, 20.5 Inches long and her head circumference was 15 inches.  All of my babies have very large heads :)


No comments: