Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Haddon at 3 months



Our big (not little!) guy is 3 months old as of yesterday!!!  I don't know his exact stats this month, but we know that he is not all that little anymore.  I am still squeezing him into some 3 month clothes, but last week I had to go stock up on some 6 month things last week for our tall guy.

Check out his wing span!



If I had to describe Haddon in a word right now it would be "sweet".  Maybe he won't appreciate this when he is older, but he is just such a little sweetheart.  He is very generous with smiles and coos.  He is making lots of sweet noises these days and he is so very patient and laid back as far as babies go.  Of course he is a baby so crying happens, but if he wakes up early or if I need to put his big sister to bed before feeding and putting him to bed he is most often totally fine with chilling on his playmat or bouncy seat and waiting until I am ready for him. He is so very chill for a baby and so smiley.  He just makes me so happy.  We love him a lot.

I have been hearing that he looks like his daddy a lot lately.  I agree!



He is still eating on a 3 hour schedule during the day.  We start our day at 9 and he usually eats, stays up for about an hour and then naps for 2 hours.  He is still a little inconsistent at night but usually sleeps from 6 all the way up to 10 hours at night!  If he wakes up early from a nap or at night he will usually go back to sleep if I give him his binkie.  He also gave the swaddle up as of yesterday.  I had been thinking that it was about time to wean from the swaddle and a couple days ago every time he would wake up from a nap his arms were out and stretched above his head, so I took the hint :)

He is still not a fan of bathtime or being in the carseat, which is unfourtunate.  I hope he sees that it really isn't that bad soon :)  He really likes his playmat and bouncy seat right now.  He loves to kick to his heart's content!  I often have to scoot him back up on his bouncy seat - he kicks so much that he is practically falling off sometimes!


I broke out the bumbo seat yesterday to see how he would do and as you can see we have some work to do!  But in true Haddon form he was not unhappy about it.


I have to admit that I was nervous about having a boy, but this guy....he is quickly stealing my heart!

No comments: