Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Baking Adventure

I don't bake often at all, but I have been longing for an excuse to bake lately so that Amaia and I could make cookies together.  She is a very good and healthy eater, but my girl loves her cookies!  She has the eating habits of her mama, go figure!  This week our community group decided to have a dessert/snack night and I had my excuse!

I knew this could have gone either way: a first world disaster, in which Amaia was mad at me the entire time for not letting her eat the cookies or a really sweet mommy-daughter experience.   I am pleased to report that it was super fun and sweet!

I have been trying to work on the concept of pretending with Amaia, so that when she tries to give her dolly a bath I can tell her she needs to pretend to give dolly a bath and not actually throw her in a tub of water :)  Thus, I had her pretend to make cookies in her kitchen while I prepared our ingredients.  I gave her a real spatula and she was happy as could be.


Once I had things assembled I pulled up a chair and had her stand next to me. She was slightly freaked out by the electric mixer at first, but I had her put her arm me and "hug mommy" and we were good to go! 

Don't we look cute in our aprons?!  A shout-out to Aunt Ashley for Amaia's super cute apron!


Amaia mostly watched the cookie making, but she did help me stir in the chocolate chips.  She was a great little assistant! I did let her eat a couple chocolate chips and as you can see here she did try to sneak a bite while I was snapping a photo.  Can you really blame her?? Not to worry though I put the nix on that pronto!  I also learned that one benefit of making cookies with a toddler is that you really have no time to struggle with the temptation of eating the dough.


Of course we did enjoy the fruits of our labor after lunch :)

It was a really sweet time together.  I am looking forward to many, many more baking dates with my favorite girl to come!



1 comment:

Callie said...

How fun! She looks so cute in her little apron!