Monday, January 9, 2012

Goodbye Sissy

My sister (sissy to me) and her hubby visited this weekend for the last time before they move to San Francisco. It is so weird and really rather sad that she is going to be so far away, but I agree with my dad that I don't think I will mind going to visit her there :)

On Friday afternoon, they came over to hang out with Amaia and I and witness Amaia's new standing skills.  Amaia was very happy to see her as you can see!


On Saturday morning we went to brunch to celebrate "my birthday", which is not actually for another couple of weeks.  In reality, I think it was just an excuse to spend some more time together before they leave.  We even got an entire family picture, which doesn't happen often.





And on a completely unrelated note Mondays are usually cleaning, picking up and laundry days at our house.  Sundays are our family day and I try to not to any cleaning or housework related tasks, so that I can purely focus on enjoying my wonderful family.

Well today Amaia was helping me fold the laundry and by "helping" I mean ruining all of my neat piles in her quest to get herself to the laundry basket :)  I decided I would just give her what she wanted and I put her in the laundry basket.

She looks cute in anything.


Baby girl has been insistent upon standing almost all of the time for a little while now, but this past week we have had some big time developmental leaps!


Lil' miss is pulling up on more and more things to stand up on her own AND...


She is now standing unassisted for 5-10 seconds at a time.  That is right she is standing on her own.  And apparently she thinks it is pretty great, because she laughs almost every time she does it.


She is growing up so fast!!  She even has taken a step by herself, not holding onto anything!!  She promptly falls down right after one step, but still!!  Major progress going on in this household!!


If she keeps going at her current rate, I do believe we are going to have a walking baby girl in the near future.  Exciting and scary all at the same time.


I did not help her stand up in the laundry basket at all.  The only thing I did was hold it so it didn't topple over with my precious girl inside.


She is getting so old and so silly and she is such a joy.  She makes me laugh easier than anyone else I know.  Sorry Adam!  But it is true. 


I do not think it is going to be a boring winter around here.

1 comment:

ashley said...

best.post.ever.
loveeee the news!