Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmas 2011

Wow!  Am I behind the times or what?!  I am finally doing a recap of our Christmas celebrations.  Let's see if I actually remember any of the details....

I know that we most likely won't live within blocks of both of our parents forever, but it is oh so nice while it lasts!  We got to have two full days of Christmas celebrations this year.  On Christmas Eve Day we celebrated with my side of the family.  My sister and her hubby came from Iowa City for the day.  We had brunch, opened gifts and then just hung out.  We are always trying to get a good picture of Jessica, Steve and Amaia.  We will keep trying to get Amaia to look at the camera :)


We looked in our stockings first and Amaia helped me.  One of her favorite pastimes right now is taking everything out of a container or in this case a stocking, so it was right up her alley.


 Clearly this is my favorite picture of all time!  I'm only sort of kidding :)   I never get tired of Amaia deciding to cuddle with me.  I only hope that as she gets older it lasts for more than 5 seconds at a time.


After we left my parents house we came home and had our own Christmas.  I knew that Amaia would get many wonderful things from our families, so we only got her two small gifts this year.  The first one was practical: a cup with a straw.  She is obsessed with my water bottle with a straw so I thought she should have one of her own.  She also got her first Bible and I love it!  It is a little beyond her current attention span, but I hope that she will love it someday too.  The illustrations are beautiful.  


Adam and I also exchanged gifts and he gave me a ring with the initial "a" for Amaia to wear on my right hand.  I love it!!  Now I have a ring to represent both of my loves.  For Christmas Eve dinner I had a can of soup and Adam has a frozen burritto - Oops!  With all of the plans for the day I didn't really think about making dinner for us and I felt so bad.  Next year, I want to either make potato soup or learn how to do fondue.  Is fondue difficult??  Either way, we are not having the same Christmas Eve dinner next year.  After dinner we went to the DTC for their first Christmas Eve service!!

On Christmas morning we went to Adam's side of the family for a Christmas brunch.  We brought a friend from church, so I got to sit in the back seat with Amaia.  She was being a sweet, smiling cutie and I was trying so hard to get a picture of her two bottom teeth that are starting to come through, but this is all I got from her.



After brunch we came home and the entire family took a nap!!!  I thought that was a great thing to do on Christmas and as Amaia and hopefully future kiddos get older I doubt I will get to do that very often on Christmas day.    After we woke up we headed over to Adam's parents house for another Christmas celebration.  We opened gifts, ate an amazing meal and just got spoiled in general.  


I didn't get a ton of pictures, but we did take a couple as our family of three in front of the Christmas tree.



It was a wonderful couple of days!  I hope that Amaia understands more next year and we can add more Christmas traditions to our family celebrations.  It really is true that Christmas is more fun with kids!


No comments: