Thursday, August 22, 2013

Haddon: 8 Months!



8 Months OLD!  Ugh, 8 months truly does sound so old to me.   Haddon continues to be the absolute best! He makes me want to have a bunch more babies just like him. Ha :)  He is so sweet and smiley and lovable.

This month we have been working on eating a wider variety of foods and he is now eating oatmeal, applesauce, carrots, sweet potatoes, avocado, peas, peaches, green beans and mixed veggies.  He actually eats anything I give him.  I do have some suspicions that applesauce is not favorite due to the sour face he makes, but he still eats it with no problems.  Haddon really only protests if I am not feeding him fast enough :)

We are still on a (mostly) 4 hour schedule with 3 solid food feedings a day.  Haddon usually wakes up around 7am at which time I feed him and he goes back to sleep until 9 when we have breakfast, lunch at 12:30 or so, dinner at 5 and another feeding at 8 before bed.  He naps from about 11-1230 and 2-5 in the afternoon.  He sometimes wakes up early from that afternoon nap, but most days he is totally cool with hanging out in his crib until 5, which totally amazes me!  He has also figured out how to push the button on the music player in his crib to turn it on, so I am pretty sure that helps :)



We have also been working on Haddon's sitting skills this month.  He still falls over (and smiles about it I might add) quite frequently but he is getting much better.  I have been working hard with him on this still because I am anxiously awaiting the day that he can sit up in the grocery cart!  I have a feeling it's going to be a life changer for the both of us!


I have strong suspicions that Haddon is going to have a very laid back personality.  It just amazes me how much things do not seem to bother him. It shocks me that he does not seem to mind when he falls over or his big sissy "hugs" him or occasionally lays on top of him.  I am so excited for him to grow into his sweet personality and participate in more and more adventures with Amaia and I.


1 comment:

ashley said...

Love the new post! It's so true, Haddon is SO easy going. Makes babysitting two at once look like a piece of cake!