Tuesday, November 25, 2014

My Ode to Amaia


As I get farther along in my pregnancy I am becoming more and more sentimental and in semi-depression (kidding ;)) that my favorite girl is no longer a baby or even toddler - she is a full fledged big girl!  I can NOT believe how quickly the last almost 4 years have gone and I want to remember just what she was like as a little girl, so.....here is all about Amaia at approximately 3.75 years of age!

She is a total girly girl.  I don't know if I did this or if it's just who she is, but princesses, dress up, high heels is what she is all about these days.  She wears my high heels about a million times more often than I do these days and turns every blanket and towel into a dress.  I think she just enjoys feeling beautiful and don't we all :)  We did have a phase in which she had a total emotional breakdown every day that I would not allow her to wear a dress, but I kind of put my foot down on that and thankfully I think we are mostly over that!

Amaia is an amazing big sister.  Of course Haddon and her have their moments, but for the most part she amazes me with how kind and wonderful she is to him.  They are really beginning to play a lot more with each other and laugh with each other and it's pretty much favorite thing in the whole world.  She "reads" him books, plays and shares with him so well and helps me so much. They have a "game" that they play right now in the bathtub, in which she tells Haddon to tell her a joke, he leans forward and jabbers something incomprehensible to me and then they both erupt in laughter and they do this over and over again.  It's pretty much the cutest thing ever.  We talk often about her baby sister and I have a feeling she is going to love holding her and having someone new to play with.

She is amazing at puzzles.  I am often amazed at how smart she is and I don't really know what is normal for her age, but she loves doing puzzles and does a 48 piece puzzle right now in 5 minutes or less.  

She also loves books and I think she is ready to learn to read - yikes!  I am a bit intimidated by that, but I think that will be our project this winter.  

She loves her friends!  At one time I thought she was going to be shy like her momma, but I am not so sure anymore.  She still typically takes a few minutes to warm up to new people or situations, but after that she is good to go.  She loves her friends at church and plays so well with them.  She is so friendly when we are out and about running errands, saying hi to just about every worker.  Makes me feel good about giving her another lifetime friend/sister very soon :)

I feel so lucky to have Amaia as my daughter.  I could not imagine a better girl to spend my days with!




No comments: